Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Road Less Traveled

Today I sit, just pondering in general as I often do: thinking of life.  It struck me today, that my readers may want to know just how I derived at the name the Road Less Traveled.  Well, it is the story of my life.  It comes from a my favorite poem "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost.

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;        5
 
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,        10
 
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.        15
 
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.        20
        

I love this poem.  It seems that my journey through this life is always on a path with not many travelers. My attitude towards this has varied at different stages in my life.  At times, it has been a lonely road in which I desired like companions to take along with me.  And there are other times, that this path has brought me great joy and happiness.  I surely hope, that I contribute something to benefit others along the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment